Friday, March 7, 2008

Sixpoint Craft Ales

I had only become aware of Sixpoint Craft Ales recently on a trip to The Publick House. They had made Sixpoint Ales it's own section on the beer menu, so I figured it had to be something special. Being the curious person that I am, I asked what the deal was with this brewery...apparently its tough to come by, so when its around they love it. The Sixpoint brewery is located down in Brooklyn, New York City. I had a couple pints of the Sweet Action, which is a blonde ale. After the first sip I knew why they made such a big deal out of this beer, it's amazing. I also had a taste of the Sixpoint Brownstone; I typically don't drink brown ales but it was also pretty tasty.

About a week later I went back to The Publick House, hoping I would be able to have a few more pints of the Sweet Action, but it just so happens they were already out...booo. I figured that I wasn't going to be tasting a Sixpoint brew for a while, but leave it to Deep Ellum to pull one out of the woodworks. Jordan and I made it down to Deep Ellum a couple days and there on the beer menu was the Six Point Bengali, the Sixpoint IPA. I was only able to have a pint of the Bengali, but it's a great IPA.

If you see any Sixpoint brews at a bar I would suggest grabbing one...you may have a hard time finding another.

Cheers!

No comments: