Saturday, April 5, 2008

Orlio Organic Common Ale

"Tastes like beer." - Jordan

That pretty much sums up Orlio Organic Common Ale. But I guess that's the point right? I mean with a name like Common Ale you probably can't expect something too amazing, organic or not. We needed some beer as our stock was running pretty low (a lonely Dale's Pale Ale and some Bud Light made the fridge look meager), so we grabbed a variety of brews from Blanchards. I decided to go for a sixer of some organic beer, and the label on the Orlio stood out.

At first the Common Ale reminded me of a simple American beer like a Budweiser or something, but with a little extra flavor towards the end. For an ale I was really expecting something with more taste, and maybe for it to be a little more bitter. But the more I drank it, the more I enjoyed it, something I was not expecting to experience after the first taste. I haven't had many steam beers besides Anchor Steam varieties, but the similar taste is there.

Would I buy it again? Maybe if the price was lower; at $9.99 for a six pack the Common Ale is definately not priced as one. I suppose that's due to the "organicness" of the beer. But at $10 for 6 I can't help but explore other (more inspiring) options.

Cheers!

No comments: